The ISO surveillance audit at Aziz Fatimah Hospital on March 24, 2022, indicates a review of the hospital’s management system to ensure it continues to meet the ISO standards.
For a successful surveillance audit, consider the following steps:
- Review Previous Audit Findings: Go over any findings from previous audits and ensure they have been addressed and closed.
- Preparation of Documentation: Ensure all required documents (procedures, policies, records) are up-to-date, accurate, and readily available.
- Staff Awareness: Make sure all relevant staff members are aware of the audit and understand their roles and responsibilities during the process.
- Training and Competence: Confirm that staff members are adequately trained for their roles and that they have the necessary competence to perform their tasks effectively.
- Process Verification: Double-check that all processes are being executed as per the documented procedures.
- Internal Audits: Conduct internal audits before the surveillance audit to identify and rectify any potential non-conformities.
- Management Review: Ensure that top management conducts a review of the system to assess its effectiveness and make necessary improvements.
- Corrective Actions: If any non-conformities are identified, take corrective action promptly and document these actions.
- Communication: Keep communication lines open with the auditors. If they request any information or clarification, provide it in a timely manner.
- Stay Calm and Transparent: During the audit, be calm and transparent. If you don’t know an answer, it’s okay to say so. It’s better to provide accurate information later than to guess.
Remember, the purpose of the surveillance audit is to ensure that your hospital continues to comply with the ISO standards. Use it as an opportunity to identify areas for improvement and strengthen your management system. Good luck with your audit!