According to intensive study and research, about 60 to 70 million people are diagnosed with primary digestive diseases every year, out of which 7.9 million cases are emergencies. Though the medical world has made phenomenal advances over the last few decades, diseases related to gastroenterology have been quite a headache for doctors all around the world.
The primary reason for this is the ignorance of people. Most of the people don’t realize their problems early on, and when they do, everything seems to be too little too late. As morbid as it sounds, this is fact!
A man complained of stomach aches for months, which was combined with other symptoms like loss of appetite, massive weight loss, bloating, diarrhea and even blood in the stool. He ignored it for months, till the dull ache in the middle of his stomach became unbearable. He had to be rushed to the Emergency, where after several tests, the doctor diagnosed him with stomach cancer etc. This is a typical case which shows not getting treatment on time can be fatal, life-threatening.
Gastroenterology is a broad branch of medicine which includes ailments of the entire digestive system. The most common diseases can be summarized as follows:
Any kinds of discomfort in your digestive organs, from your mouth to your anus, visit the doctor. If you see blood in the stool or vomit, you should get checked. Loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, bloating without consuming food and sharp and chronic pain in the stomach are also common symptoms of digestive diseases.
All the above-mentioned procedures are safely performed by our medical experts, using proper supervision.
Thus, if you have undetected health issues, it is always advisable to visit the doctor for a proper checkup. A renowned gastroenterologist is here to help patients by diagnosing their ailments and properly treating them.
So why suffer? Don’t fall a victim to ignorance. Get treated for gastroenterology diseases on time and live a long and happy life.
A number of common gastroenterology problems that can affect a man are:
1. Acidity: It is commonly described as a burning sensation either in the chest or stomach area. It may be accompanied by loss of appetite and lot of gas release in form of burp or fart.
2. Constipation: Most of you might have experienced this frequently and the symptom is the inability or difficulty to empty our bowels fully. It is caused by eating foods which are low in fiber like fast foods made of refined flours and also by not drinking adequate water.
3. Gallstones: They are formed in the gallbladder and cause symptoms like nausea and stomach pain. Reasons may be too much alcohol intake, eating fatty foods and consuming too much sugary foods.
4. Peptic ulcer: They are sores in the stomach lining caused by the bacteria ‘helicobacter pylori’ and some common causes are smoking, foods that create acidity and stress.
5. Lactose intolerance: It is the inability in some people to digest milk or milk products and symptoms are usually in the form of nausea, diarrhea and bloating.
6. Irritable bowel syndrome: People afflicted by this may have symptoms like diarrhea or constipation, gas problems and stomach pain. It is caused by stress or the side effects of certain drugs and foods.
7. Diarrhea: This is caused by eating stale food or raw foods infected by bacteria. Symptoms are in the form of motions that are loose and frequent along with dehydration and weakness.
However, not all gastroenterology issues lead to cancer or other deadly condition. Some may be just as minor as an acid reflux which can be fixed with over-the-counter medicines! Sure, it can be uncomfortable, but with regular checkups and seeking treatment at the right time, you can prevent terminal diseases from spreading.
The digestive tract consists of all the organs right from your mouth to your anus. The origin of the problem can be anywhere, and different procedures are undertaken by the doctors to diagnose the issue.